• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Central NY

kornmart

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey everyone!  My name is Kornel and I'm from Central NY.  My wife and I have been brewing for a few years now but have only played around with extract brewing.  We just invested in a Spike Brewing Spike+ 1BBL system with a couple of their 1BBL conical fermentors.  Looking forward to being part of this community!

Welcome!  I am familiar with central NY having been born in Syracuse and spending some of my formative years in the Endicott area.  I also spent a number of years in the North Country around the greater Canton area.

WOW! you went from brewing a few extract beers to investing ~10K in a 1bbl system!? That's a heck of a step up! I brew half barrels and have a hard time brewing frequently enough because it's hell going through 30 gallons of beer inside of a month!

Back