• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

batch sparging

lowell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Where do I find the place to check "drain the mash tun before starting to batch sparge?"

Hi,
  Open your recipe.  Go to the "mash profile" section about halfway down.  Click on "Details" and from there you can modify your mash profile and the batch sparge options.

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks for your reply; however I don't see any place to select to "drain the mash tun before starting to batch sparge?
thank you

Lowell,
  It is there if you have the current version of the program.  The latest version is 1.4 build 37 which you can see from going to the "About" command on the help menu.

If you don't have the latest, go to the main "trial" downloads page on our web site and follow the upgrade instructions on the right side of the page.

Cheers,
Brad

Thank you for the reply. I had used Windows restore and went back to an older copy. I updated.
I entered a recipe a recipe for 13.50 lbs grain, a 5.5 gal  batch. It tells me to add 16.88 qts water at 165.9 deg., after draining mash tun add 5.11 gal sparge water, then add water to make up boil volumn. Could that be right?

Back