• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Saving Recipe

sgdiesel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Good morning all,

New to Beersmith and very impressed with what I have experienced.

This is going to sound crazy, but I cannot find my saved recipes! I have imported a recipe from Brewdog, scaled it up to 50 litres and saved it and now...I cant find it - certainly not under "My Recipes". I have paid my gold subscription and I have activated the product.

I have searched this forum but it seems i am the only person struggling with this :)

OK so when you imported the recipe, did you do it through the BeerSmith cloud search or did you download a folder with the recipe file within?

If you d/l'd the recipe through the cloud search function within the program, then it would have asked you for the folder to save the recipe in when you clicked 'save a copy' which you would have needed to do in order to scale the recipe to your equipment profile.

If you d/l'd from another source and then opened the file within BeerSmith, the file will remain in that download folder even after you scale it.  Reopen that folder and copy the file to your recipes folder and you should be set.

I downloaded the .xml file from Brewdog and then "saved as" and renamed to my saving convention, but I cant find it,,,

will try looking in the download area, thanks

OK, so...the 5am Saint recipe is in the cloud and when i downloaded, scaled and saved it has worked exactly as i would expect but still cant find the .xml original versions

My son has obviously way smarter than me on this and I have now sorted.

I am working through some of the Brewdog recipes, using a 50L Braumeister, this is now my basic procedure

1. I download the beerxml file of the desired recipe from the Brewdog DIY webpage
2. In Beersmith I open the downloaded file (you have to change the file type in the open dialogue box)
3. The recipe appears in the main panel.
4. Before double clicking to open / edit it I right click select "copy to folder" and select my recipes

then, i am good to go and I can rename and edit etc and it is there for good

Back