• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

fermentation profile dissapeared

dtapke

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
setup a fermentation profile, was logging session data, saved it every time i would add session data. Re-Started my computer and the fermentation profile is gone. still shows "my fermentation profile 4" but the actual profile is gone to a normal 2 stage profile instead of the temp adjustments I made. (ferment 7 days starting 64F ending 72F and it reverted to ferment 7 days 65F)

It was a simple fix as i know my profile, but annoying.

Did you set it up in "Profiles" or within a recipe? If in the fermentation area of a recipe it won't be saves anywhere except in that recipe.

setup in profiles, i set it up again and it seems to be sticking but i havent re-started my computer again.

Even if i did create it only within the recipe, It should've stayed with the recipe, which it didn't

dtapke said:
setup in profiles, i set it up again and it seems to be sticking but i havent re-started my computer again.

Even if i did create it only within the recipe, It should've stayed with the recipe, which it didn't

This doesn't seem like typical BeerSmith behavior. All profiles are stored separately within each recipe. The recipe is automatically saved when you click "ok" close the recipe. BeerSmith also autosaves any open tabs when you close the program. I'm sure you're aware that if you hit the cancel button all changes are lost.

The Archive also holds all changes to recent recipes. There will be as many versions as you made changes to the recipe. It works as a timeline or wayback machine.

If there is an issue in saving data, it's not because of how BeerSmith works. Something else is blocking the data to be saved. This has been traced to anti virus and anti malware programs, so make sure BeerSmith is white listed.

You can backup the whole thing by simply copying the ...\Documents\BeerSmith3 folder to another location.

I'm aware, which is why i posted. It seems it was a one-time issue, as I have many other recipes with fermentation profiles that are varying that have all saved with no issue. I've created fermentation profiles both in the fermentation tab and within recipes and never once had an issue with one disappearing. Both in BS2 and BS3.

The computer running it is literally brand new iMac with no other software programs added since purchasing it, other than BS2 and BS3, so I can rule out any anti-malware or anti-virus software.

Back