• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Session / Fermentation Readings - Calculation based on midnight ?

DCBrewCrew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to BS3 and started to add Fermentation Readings for my last session. This works all fine but I noticed that my first reading is not right at the beginning of the fermentation graph.
I figured out that BS3 seems to assume that my session started at midnight of the brewery, and by the time I added the first reading (which was right at pitching time - 5pm), BS3 stated that I was already 0.7 days into fermentation.

Question: Is there a way to not only set the brew date but also the time ? Or can BS3 act in a way that the first reading is setting the time for fermentation start ?

I can help myself for now by subtracting 17hours of each reading for this batch.... But would be smart if BS would do it for me, right ?

Thx !

No - unfortunately there is not a way to set the brew time - only the date.

You can try setting it a day earlier if needed.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
No - unfortunately there is not a way to set the brew time - only the date.

You can try setting it a day earlier if needed.

Brad

A more detailed timeline in the session tab is actually something I've been wishing for! Detailed rulers with temperature on one side and SG on the other and time at the bottom. Also guidelines that shoot out from the cursor when you move over the diagram.

Thank you for an awesome piece of software!

/Chratz

Back