• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another NorthWest Noob

SleepySamSlim

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Well what can I say - I've been a beer lover ever since my dad let me sneak sips from his Lucky Lager when I was 12 and "helping" him in the garden or the garage. He used to always put a little salt in his beer ... I can still taste it.

I decided to try brewing when a co-worker gave me a bottle of his latest brew and that was it - game over man !! It was great. And by coincidence, my wife is green thumb type who has been growing Cascade Hops in our back yard for years ... next Spring I'll find some Goldings to grow. I'm a recovering hop-head and tend to go for smoother maltier beverages.

So the first batch is heading to its 2nd week in the bottles -- supposed to be an Alaskan Amber Ale -- it will probably be ok at best. The first batch was a bit of a "fire-drill" but no major screw-ups. I can see some definet tweaks I need to do to the process. And I'm fairly surprised at how easy BeerSmith is to use -- already have my English Brown Ale recipe in

I'll have plenty of questions

I remember Not being able to wait for the first batch to condition. I cracked one open at two weeks and the world was MINE!  ;D

Welcome to the forum. Let us know if we can help.

Cheers
Preston

Back