• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

License Issue/Missing License

Schweiky

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey There,

Didnt see a topic on this already.  I Purchased and installed BS3 on 6/28/18 on a Basic auto renew sub.  I downloaded it to my laptop and have been using it since.  My laptop decided to die on me last night so I downloaded BS3 on my desktop to use and it says I have no licenses to use.  My understanding was the Basic came with 2 licenses, I only own the 2 computers and I've never downloaded it on my desktop.  Is there a way to recover a license or get it off my laptop which is a brick right now? 

Thanks!

Just open BeerSmith on your new computer and go to: View > Cloud. Login. It should automatically activate.

If you have a backup of the ...\Documents\BeerSmith3 folder, you can just copy/paste it into the same location on the new computer. That folder has all of your recipes and custom profiles. If you've already replaced the directory, make sure to back it up before activation. There are reports that activation has sometimes overwritten the directory.

I'm logged into my cloud account -- the problem is when I go to Help > Activate BeerSmith it gives me a Device ID and a link to my account. I log in on the cloud site and it tells me that I have no unused Licenses.  Since it gives me the option to activate I assume that means that it's just in trial mode.  Is there a way to tell if it's activated, truly?  I can't seem to find anywhere that it lists my licenses and when/if they have been used.  Just tells me I don't have any available. 

Send an email to Brad using the following address:  beersmith at beersmith dot com and explain your situation.

Back