• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Stone Clone Recipes in December BYO Magazine

J

jpalarchio

I'm brand new to BeerSmith and just starting to move up from extract brewing.  I was previously doing partial boil extract brewing on the stovetop using pre-made kits and now have a converted keg which I'm getting ready to use for the first time soon.

This month's BYO magazine has a number of clone recipes for various Stone beers (which I am quite the fan of).  I was attempting to enter the Imperial Russian Stout partial mash recipe (pg. 45) into BeerSmith however I'm not completely clear how to populate all the fields (specifically the mash profile).

Would someone be willing to enter this recipe into BeerSmith and post it?

Magazines are not very clear on mash profiles, but they give you a hint to which one to use. If you look at the article it says 150deg, which means they want more fermentables in the wort. So a Single Infusion Lite Body mash works well for this.

This is a really BIG beer! Have you made beers this big before? The yeast strain they are suggesting has an average attenuation of 66%, and Very High Flocculation. This means that it will leave the beer sweet, and will fall out of the beer fairly quickly. Both of which I would not suggest, if you have never made a beer this big.

I also was thinking of making this one and had it already so here is the all grain vesion

Cheers
Preston

Attachments

• Stone.bsm
    11.1 KB · Views: 661
Back