• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I'd pay more to...

mch2smw

Apprentice
Reaction score
be able to see my recipes and brewsheets on my Google Android phone.  ;D

Just a wish list item.

Hmmm,
  You can export them as HTML (in fact you can actually select a whole bunch at once and export them) and display them on your phone.  In fact with a little work you could probably make a custom web template to make it all fit on the phone's screen.

Cheers,
Brad

Hi mch2smw,

Brad's suggestion is the way to do it "now".

Instead of an iPhone, I have a Nokia N800 internet tablet.... it's very similar in capabilities to the iphone.

What I did to automate this was:
1) Install Apache webserver on my PC
2) web-share a documents directory.
3) the web share contains the exported HTML from Beersmith.
4) view the documents dir from my Nokia
5) profit!

The document share method works OK if my Nokia is on the same (home) network as my PC.
If I go mobile or use someone's PC off at their home... then the idea falls flat.

I could rig a script to post the recipe sheets to say Google Documents, etc. if I were motivated enough.

FYI - In another thread some of us were asking for the ability to "upload" our recipes online, so they could be accessed from a browser or other copy of Beersmith.

While we are making a list-Crackberry curve please.

I can cruise the forum pretty well on it.  I'd love to "store" recipees so i can check them when at the lhbs.

Back