• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Make a window view that connects to your blog

SleepySamSlim

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Or gets part of your blog --- or an RSS stream from your blog/site.

I love BeerSmith but I think its just lacking a connection to all the great content you have on your site. Yeah I can fire up a browser and hop on your site -- but it would be cool to have a little indicator letting me know there are some new entries / RSS that I could just click on.

That could either open a browser or a simple browsing window in the BeerSmith environment.

I guess I see this as a first step in linking your current app to your website and its content.

I don't think we need a BeerTube  :eek: enviroment or FaceBook (BeerBook ?)  :eek:  ---

But you have a great program ... good content on your site ... and a bit of a social thing going on your forums. Some judicious blending could be useful.

When I launch BeerSmith I can work on recipes - tweaking recipes - or take a break and check the latest from the BeerSmith Channel  ;D. And the content can be somewhat user affected by allowing me to click a box or choice ( sort of like diggs) --- higher rated items stick around or float to the top.

Hi,
  It is a great idea.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to add some RSS capability but I will look into it.  I do note you can subscribe to the blog for email delivery so you get each week's article by email as well.

As far as the Digg idea - you might want to check out BrewPoll.com which is another site I set up.  It is basically a Digg type site for homebrewers and craft brews.  You can also subscribe to the main page there if you want the latest in brewing news.

Cheers,
Brad

Back