• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Crab Eye Rising Intro

JayB240

Apprentice
Reaction score
Been brewing for 8 years.  Migrated from Gas three vessel to Single vessel with good fermentor.

I have my A List but I love to experiment.

Wildest Brew: Smoking Hot Blond (another story)

Keezer: English Bitter, Strong Porter, Double Dry Hopped Pale Ale, Apricot Pale Ale
    - Next  Project: Strong Stout, CO2 push to keg, PH monitoring, Oxygen injection

Howdy!

I'll make my recs to ya:

PH monitoring: grab the Hannah 98128, its waterproof and has a replaceable electrode. (unless you wanna spend big money on something like their new Edge, which is on my "want" list)

O2 injection, I use a giant tank from a welding supply store, cost me $200, i've used it for 4 years now and never had to refill it! grab yourself an inline meter for medical o2 flow monitoring, and connect an airstone to a T inline with your flow going from kettle to fermenter. My setup is totally sealed off from kettle to fermenter, i add my o2 directly to the wort as its transferring at a slow enough rate that i reach my DO target at about the 2/3-3/4 transfer volume, adding a little extra for the o2 that won't get into suspension.

CO2 pushing to keg is easy peasy! and totally worth it. All my transfers post fermentation are done with co2 into cleaned and sanitized kegs that are tared out on a scale, I know that XXlbs=Xgallons and can cut my kegs at exactly the fill level I want.

I'll gladly post pics or help you with any of those things you've got questions about!

Back