• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Default Recipe Folder

rickvj77

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am somewhat of a computer expert but for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the default folder in which all of my recipes are saved.  I have created a folder in my personal directory for Beer Recipes and when I go to "Save As" - upper RH of my recipe I want it to be saved to or at least be able to be copied to the folder I created.

So, if you open the folder you want the recipe to reside in and then create the recipe, it will be saved in the folder which was opened when you created the recipe. 

Moving recipes from folder to folder is as simple as drag and drop from the folder the recipe is in to the folder you want it to be in.  Likewise, you can use 'cut' and 'paste' to move a recipe from one folder to another.

You can copy a recipe by right clicking on the recipe and selecting 'copy' and then 'paste' the recipe into the desired folder.  You can also use the 'copy to folder' in the ribbon bar if you want the recipe to reside in more than one folder.

Oginme's instructions are correct for folders created within BeerSmith, beneath the My Recipes folder. You can also try selecting File -> Change Documents Directory... to change the default location on your computer for all BeerSmith files. It sounds to me as if that is what you are after.

--GF

Thanks guys but that's exactly the problem,  I know how to do all that within BeerSmith but I don't want to save the recipes in BeerSmith 3.  When I click Save As, by default, I want them saved in a personal folder C:/RVJ/Beer Recipes where all of my other beer recipes are.

I'm not a computer guru, but I have exported recipes to share. Why can't you do that?

Back