• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe Save options?

Robby6pack

Apprentice
Reaction score
Using BS 3.  I created a recipe and saved it.  Brewed it (came out great BTW.  Pat myself on the back).  I opened it back up to mess around with ingredients and other stuff.  I did not "save" these changes.  Closed the program.  Came back later and opened the same recipe, and the changes that I made were saved.  I don't want this to happen.  I was just looking at color differences for fun.  What are the settings that I need to use so that the only time changes are saved, is when I hit the save button?

Thanks

Never mind.  Found it.  It's under Options/Look and Feel/Confirm Changes to an item before closing

hopefully a helpful idea, when i create a recipe i copy that recipe into a folder "brew log" which i DO NOT EVER change.

then I'll have a recipe i can alter that isn't in the brew log. you can also "lock" the recipe.

What dtapke said. All of the recipes that I have not brewed yet... ones I find that look interesting and hope to brew "some day" go into the My Recipes folder. (actually I use  sub folders by style). Then when I get around to brewing them I copy them into the Brew Log and they stay there as a record of my as-made-that-day recipes.

Even if I brew the same beer again I go back to the original in My Recipe's and copy that again into the Brew Log. If there are any changes to the recipe made on that brew session... a different hop variety because the LHBS was out of what I wanted that day etc... I make them to the one in the Brew Log. Again, to reflect the recipe as it was made that day.

Now if I want to mess around with that original recipe in the My Recipe's folder, I make a copy of it first and then play around with the copy... just in case.

Back