• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transferring Beersmith account from one computer to another

savagefan0

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Howdy rowdies. I bought my license in February and just bought a new 'puter. I would like to know how to transfer my acct, info, recipes etc to the new one. All help beerfully appreciated.

From the FAQ page on the BeerSmith.com web site:

How can I reinstall my copy of BeerSmith 3 on a new computer?
First make a complete copy of your Documents/BeerSmith3 directory and save it to a removable drive or thumb drive
Next download, install and BeerSmith 3 on your new computer.  Run it once and then shut it down.
Finally make sure BeerSmith 3 is shut down, and then copy the entire BeerSmith3 directory from the old computer (via thumb drive or removable drive) to the Documents/BeerSmith3 directory on the new computer.  Overwrite any data there.
Activate the new copy of BeerSmith on your new computer.  You may need to go to your manage licenses page to deactivate your old computer before you can activate the new one.

thanks oginme, where I have difficulty is downloading BS3, I got the free trial version instead. My profile shows I have a license for this computer and my last one but for some reason I just keep getting the free one running.

Back