• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dissapearing yeasts

JimBarnett

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have come across a glitch where most of the WhiteLabs and WYeast yeasts have disappeared from the Ingredients>Yeast tab.  I've looked in the backup yeastn.bsmx files and the yeast are missing there too.  The full lists of WhiteLabs and WYeast yeasts were there a few months ago, so they seem to have disappeared without a trace.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I'm not experiencing that. How are you sorting the items? A simple sort of the "Lab" column makes them easy to find.

Is it possible that you deleted accidentally? If they are gone, here's what I have for those companies.

Attachments

• White Labs.bsmx
    136.7 KB · Views: 154
  • wyeast.bsmx
    97.8 KB · Views: 155
The other thing to check is to make sure that you don't have the option checked to show only those ingredients in inventory when adding the yeasts to your recipe as this will filter out any yeasts that are not currently in your inventory.

Thanks for the .bsmx files.  I was able to restore the yeasts from them.  I don't know what I did to make the original ones disappear but they didn't leave a trace.  It wasn't an issue of views or inventory (all sorts of yeasts that I have never used were showing up), but I've got a full yeast inventory now.

thanks again.
- Jim

Back