Author Topic: How to clean reinstall BS3 on Mac  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Coda

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
How to clean reinstall BS3 on Mac
« on: July 01, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »
I wish to return Beersmith to a "Fresh" state on a Mac. Have been using Beersmith for years however I'm seeing consistent brew day errors and  want to clean reinstall the software. I've deleted program and all docs. When I reinstall it opens with all recipes, profiles, etc. as if nothing changed.  What method will get me back to a "never been used" state?

Offline catdad

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: How to clean reinstall BS3 on Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 10:37:48 PM »
did you ever figure it out? im having the same issue and might just have to cancel and go back to bs2 if nobody can help out which is a shame as i really like bs3. thanks

Offline dtapke

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: How to clean reinstall BS3 on Mac
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 11:12:05 AM »
Not that I've tried this, but my .02 would be to perform the softwares uninstall feature. If that's not there or available (Mac's are tricky...) I would download CCleaner and use the uninstall feature of that software.

If I was at my iMac I could offer more advice as I'd be able to see where it stores all of its files etc and could point you in the direction, but I think the easiest method would be to run a program such as CCleaner on it. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in though!
32g eHERMS
Drinking: Dopplebock, NEIPA, Pils
Primary: empty
Secondary/Lagering:
Next Brew: RIS