• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to BeerSmith

bmckee56

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello All.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I have recently started my home brew journey with beer and I have about 7 extract kits under my belt.  I just purchased ingredients to do my own recipes and look forward to getting into partial mashing as well as AG.

I have been making homemade wine for over two years, so it was not difficult to switch to brewing beer at home.  I had all the basic equipment and will be putting together a wort chiller soon.  All of my beers have been kegged.  I installed two tap faucets on my gameroom wall and use a spare refrigerator to keep my kegs at serving temps.

I also just paid for my BeerSmith registration to use the software and am looking forward to developing into a good brewer.  Expect many questions (Noob stuff I guess) from me and I want to thank everyone who might offer assistance as I learn and grow.

Salute!  :)

bmckee56 said:
Hello All.  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I have recently started my home brew journey with beer and I have about 7 extract kits under my belt.  I just purchased ingredients to do my own recipes and look forward to getting into partial mashing as well as AG.

I have been making homemade wine for over two years, so it was not difficult to switch to brewing beer at home.  I had all the basic equipment and will be putting together a wort chiller soon.  All of my beers have been kegged.  I installed two tap faucets on my gameroom wall and use a spare refrigerator to keep my kegs at serving temps.

I also just paid for my BeerSmith registration to use the software and am looking forward to developing into a good brewer.  Expect many questions (Noob stuff I guess) from me and I want to thank everyone who might offer assistance as I learn and grow.

Salute!   :)

Sounds like you have a good handle on the hobby.  Welcome and safe brewing to you.

SOGOAK said:
Welcome to the fraternal order of thinking man's beer drinkers.

Hehe - Thinking man's beer drinker?  Just got back from my local pub and to be honest, I am in no shape to think.

Ahe Rep! I'm a sales guy. I thought I put a positive spin on it.  Besides... I thought Friday was fishfry/pub night up der in 'sconi :)

Back