• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

water agent

kongebryg

New Forum Member
Reaction score
hi there,
i am using the AMS from Murphy and son, its a lowers the CaCo3 in my mash  with -256 mg fro my standart hard water with 298 mg CaCo3
and does add ,
90 mg chloride and sulphate 124 mg pr liter
but i cant add it til the water salts.
cheers

The present model being used in BeerSmith does not have the data needed to properly model the effect of this additive on the water chemistry or mash pH.  You can add it as a 'misc' item and label it as a 'water agent' but the effect of adding it will not be predicted by the program and it would need to be added manually.

most notable info I can find is this:

35ml of AMS per hl of this water reduces the alkalinity by 64 mg/litre (ppm) and increases chloride levels by 22.5 mg/litre (ppm) and sulphate levels by 31 mg/litre (ppm).

I have no experience using this kind of ingredient, but could one just make a water profile for it such as this, and base it off that 35ml. every "gallon" would be 35ml.

Attachments

• amswater.JPG
    amswater.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 365
Back