• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tab Scaling problem on Hi-DPI screens - Linux

fnair

New Forum Member
Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank Brad for his great software and a HUGE thanks for releasing/supporting a Linux version.  Good stuff!

I am running Linux Mint 19.2 on a laptop with a 4k screen and Beersmith 3 runs great, everything scales nicely, except for the tabs which are oversized and unclickable.  The clickable area of the tabs remain where they should be, were they the proper size.  If you hover the area where the "real" tab should be, the "X" to close that tab appears, revealing where the tab actually  should be. (arrow on screenshot)

Thank You,

Chris

Edit:  Forgot to mention, if I disable the Hi-DPI setting in the Linux Mint settings, the tabs render properly (but, obviously,  the whole application is tiny, being in 4k)

Attachments

• beersmith.jpeg
    beersmith.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 331
LOL, my Win10 issues is just the opposite, my tabs and more specifically the X in the upper right corner of each tab is so tiny that it's hard to land on.

I'm sure it's not easy supporting so many platforms, hope Brad figures it out for... everyone :)

Rick

I have the same issue as @fnair with BeerSmith3 installed on a Linux container on my Pixelbook. Everything works great, but the tabs are large and unusable. Wondering if there is a fix or do I just keep dealing with it.

mark

Back