• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello

Thermobrau

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,  I got into home brewing after a customer offered me a beer he brewed.  I started with a bucket kit and a malt extract. Made a few batches from Munton's, then decided to raise my game, so I bought a larger brew kettle, 1/2 barrel Unitank from SS Brewtech, and built my own chiller. Just kegged my latest batch under pressure into one 5 gallon keg in my new 2 tap kegerator.  Just got BeerSmith 3 app on my phone, looking to make something similar to Stella Artois or Tuborg Gold for the second tap.

Welcome to the forum! 

If you have not already looked at the guides for setting up your equipment profile, there are some on Brad's blog as well as some videos on YouTube which can help.  The equipment profile is one of the keys to getting the software to work well for you. So the better you can define your system in the parameters listed there, the better the software will work for you. 

I'll note that you may find the mobile app as a standalone to be relatively mediocre, it really works best when used in conjunction with the desktop program in my opinion.

I will look at the PC version, it does look more versatile and in depth.  I want to utilize the full capacity of the unitank, so 15 or so gallons is what I would like to do next. I'm not sure all grain for me yet, I would need a 20 gallon mash tun, and the only ones I found that size are stainless and expensive.

If my wife added up what I have into it so far I would be in the doghouse.....which I would promptly convert into a brewhouse, so it's all good!

Back