• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 3 License Renewal

Mr White

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have used Beersmith 2 for a few years now?..and it was brilliant.

When Beersmith 3 came along, I was swift on the uptake, paid my subscription, and I have enjoyed the software,
And the fine beers I have made with it.

Just last week I tried to open Beersmith 3 to make a new brew, and was reminded that my 12 month subscription had lapsed.

I?m happy to renew my subscription, so I paid to have it renewed.

But when I tried to activate my copy of Beersmith 3 ? it will not open?.and comes up with the following error.
"CANNOT CONNECT TO ACTIVATION SERVER"

I thought perhaps I had purchased the wrong thing ? what is the difference between a ?Licence? and a ?subscription? anyway.?

So I purchased one of each to be sure.

Still Beersmith 3 will not open, and claims it cannot connect to the activation server .

I have tried from several different locations?so its not my network.

Since I cannot open Beersmith 3 at all?I cannot therefore activate anything.

I have given up and am now using Beersmith 2??at least that works OK.

I?m paranoid that if I download beersmith 3 and try to re-install, I will loose all my recipies?.

Would you have any suggestions.?

Before you do anything else, backup your ...Documents/BeerSmith3 folder. This will have all of you recipes and custom profiles to reinstall if needed.

Your subscription is to the cloud. Your license is automatic with the subscription.

http://beersmith.com/beersmith-3-licensing-explained/

Thank you for the backup advise. I will do that. Cheers.

I have a Gold 12 month Licence - Expires 17 August 2021
I have a Gold 12 month subscription - auto renews: 23 June 2020

And yet Beersmith 3 will not load and does not recognise the activation server.
This was the trial version that first came out.
Should I re-load Beersmith 3 (after doing my backup).?

Your help is appreciated.

After backing up your recipes, you can download the most current version of BeerSmith 3 from BeerSmith.com. You simply open the app and login (to the BeerSmith cloud). You license and subscription should load automatically.

Thank you Beerfun.

Yep...I have uninstalled the original version, (after backing up) and then installed the latest BS3 download.
When I execute... I get a popup -"Welcome to Beersmith 3 - (Trial Mode) - please activate, etc...
So I click on "activate this copy of Beersmith"....and get another popup:

Can't Connect to Activation Server
The activation server at https://BeersmithRecipes.com could not be reached.
Check that your antivirus and firewall software is not blocking Beersmith as well as your internet connection and try again using the Help->Activate selection.

The Help->Activate selection is not possible, because the application will not open.!!
Frustrated.

Back