• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sour BREW

HBGUS

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Are the following an issue for you or your brewery in producing sour beer:

Length of time to produce
Contamination Risk
Consistency in final product

If so, would you be interested in a product or process that would reduce  these issues?

Would you be more likely to use this type of product if it was an ingredient added to your mash, wort, or another step in the process?

Do you have any other feedback you would like to provide about issues you face in producing sour beer?

I mean, you could just tell us what it is you're sellin...

I have no issues with kettle souring or any other souring production myself.

This is for a college assignment, I don't know much about Fermentation Science! We are currently working on the market research aspect, just trying to identify if this product is something that you would be interested in.

Most any brewers that sour have a procedure and lots of literature supporting their procedures already in place that have been successful for other for years.

although sour beers are the trendy new thing, they're also one of the oldest styles. Many breweries have been successfully brewing sour beers for hundreds of years. most homebrewers use either already commercially available products (goodbelly, whitelabs, wyeast, many others) or use a kettle souring procedure that has decades and decades of history behind it.

You may find you'll have better luck with your project on reddit, homebrewtalk, or other-larger forums.

Back