Author Topic: Multiple Recipe File Locations  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Markba

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Multiple Recipe File Locations
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:28:28 AM »
I am computer support for a local Brewer.  Using BeerSmith 2.2 my Brewer says sometime last year BeerSmith 2.2 wouldn't let her save a recipe to Recipes and forced her to add the number 1 to her file name.  This symptom repeated itself over the past year until now she was saving her recipes to Recipes4.  I upgraded her to BeerSmith 3 on Friday in hopes it would fix this issue.  After install, the BeerSmith 3 program asked where to find her recipes and I pointed it at a folder on one of our Servers where all of her recipes are stored but when we opened BeerSmith 3 all of her recent recipes were not there.  The program was displaying her Recipes1 file.  If we use the File->Open feature, I can point the program at the same Server folder where we pointed BeerSmith 3.  In that folder, I can see & open Recipes4 and all of the recent recipes are present.

Why won't BeerSmith 3 open the correct file of recent recipes when it is pointed at the correct parent folder??  Is there a way to redirect the recipes folder to the current recipes file??

Mark

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Multiple Recipe File Locations
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »
Hi,
  If you can open the file then you should be able to just copy/paste the recipes to wherever you choose.  There is an article here on how to handle BSMX files:
    http://beersmith.com/blog/2019/01/27/sharing-beer-brewing-data-using-bsmx-files-in-beersmith/

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline Markba

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Multiple Recipe File Locations
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:47:27 AM »
Thank you......I will pass this to our Brewer to see if it solves our issue.

Mark

modification