• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Multiple Recipe File Locations

Markba

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am computer support for a local Brewer.  Using BeerSmith 2.2 my Brewer says sometime last year BeerSmith 2.2 wouldn't let her save a recipe to Recipes and forced her to add the number 1 to her file name.  This symptom repeated itself over the past year until now she was saving her recipes to Recipes4.  I upgraded her to BeerSmith 3 on Friday in hopes it would fix this issue.  After install, the BeerSmith 3 program asked where to find her recipes and I pointed it at a folder on one of our Servers where all of her recipes are stored but when we opened BeerSmith 3 all of her recent recipes were not there.  The program was displaying her Recipes1 file.  If we use the File->Open feature, I can point the program at the same Server folder where we pointed BeerSmith 3.  In that folder, I can see & open Recipes4 and all of the recent recipes are present.

Why won't BeerSmith 3 open the correct file of recent recipes when it is pointed at the correct parent folder??  Is there a way to redirect the recipes folder to the current recipes file??

Mark

Hi,
  If you can open the file then you should be able to just copy/paste the recipes to wherever you choose.  There is an article here on how to handle BSMX files:
    http://beersmith.com/blog/2019/01/27/sharing-beer-brewing-data-using-bsmx-files-in-beersmith/

Brad

Thank you......I will pass this to our Brewer to see if it solves our issue.

Mark

Back