• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 3 on MacOS Catalina - OK

jomebrew

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Installed and ran OK. No issues.. Except

Doing some QA testing, I found that opening and closing it a few times, shutting down with it running and powering it on again, the trial license expired. Elapsed time was about 15 minutes.

I was unable to reproduce the Another Copy Is Running issue but can see it happening if the machine is shutdown before beersmith is fully shutdown. I am using VMs running on a Mac Pro and it is super fast.  Looks fine using VNC. 

Thanks,
  I've had two reports of people with problems, but the problem is related to file permissions.  Catalina has new security permissions available under General Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy and you may need to give the BeerSmith app to the Documents folder to resolve it.

This does not affect all users, but a few people upgrading in place have run into this issue.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Thanks,
  I've had two reports of people with problems, but the problem is related to file permissions.  Catalina has new security permissions available under General Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy and you may need to give the BeerSmith app to the Documents folder to resolve it.

I did not do any upgrade testing. Just fresh install of BS3 on a fresh install of Catalina.

Back