• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith erased ongoing recepies

Grodden

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just found that all my ongoing recepies has vanished and the rest sent to archive

How to solve this?

These were several champagne recepies

all my wine based recepies are gone

BeerSmith does periodic auto backups. You can restore from the most recent.

File > Recover from Backup > choose the most recent date from the popup window.

click "Recover from backup selected" found in the lower left corner of the popup window.

BeerSmith will warn you that the recovery cannot be undone, but that is sort of the point, right?

If you menu into tools/options/advanced, you'll  fine a box about 3/4 of the way down where you can enter an interval for autosave. Reducing the interval may help keep you from losing data in the future.

I have the same problem, but when I restore it does no good.  My autosave is set to 8 minutes but last backup is from 2 weeks ago.  My present brew session has disappeared and does not appear to have been saved although I did save it several times after making changes.  I do run a nightly backup of my computer and I noticed on the logs that beersmith files were saved (flagged as changed) since the last backup available in Beersmith.  Which files would I need to restore to recover my session?

Went into beersmith yesterday to work on a recipe and found a bunch of folder missing.  Looked at the log and did not see any record of things being moved or deleted. 

I think I was able to recover most from a recent backup, but there was one folder I could tell was missing thing and had to go back further in backups to get those.  As I have a bunch of recipes I really don't know if I was able to recover them all.

How does this happen?   

As beersmith only keeps a few backs up it seems like speeding times between backups would only make thing worst.

Back