Author Topic: New to forum...Hi!  (Read 4286 times)

bretski

New to forum...Hi!
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
Hello all,

Just joined the forum, after doing a little browsing as a guest.  I've been a homebrewer for about 15 years or so (off and on as life allows).  I've been a partial-mash guy for as long as I can remember, but recently started looking around on the 'net for AG ideas, as I'm tired of spending the extra $$ for the convenience.  I have a garage-full of old coolers, and will look to recycle one into a mash tun.

At the moment, I'm steeping a bag of grain for what (I hope  :) ) will be the last time.  Making one of my favorite IPA recipes, but trying some different hops, just for grins...

Hope I can add to the discussion.  Cheers!

Offline Rep

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: New to forum...Hi!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
Hello all,

Just joined the forum, after doing a little browsing as a guest.  I've been a homebrewer for about 15 years or so (off and on as life allows).  I've been a partial-mash guy for as long as I can remember, but recently started looking around on the 'net for AG ideas, as I'm tired of spending the extra $$ for the convenience.  I have a garage-full of old coolers, and will look to recycle one into a mash tun.

At the moment, I'm steeping a bag of grain for what (I hope  :) ) will be the last time.  Making one of my favorite IPA recipes, but trying some different hops, just for grins...

Hope I can add to the discussion.  Cheers!

Welcome to the dark side.  No doubt you will contribute to the discussions and ideas.

Offline SOGOAK

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
Welcome aboard Bretski.

http://hbd.org/cascade/dennybrew/

These cooler conversions are very functional and inexpensive.  I'm not engineer and made mine in under 10 minutes.  I'm a partial mashers with the steep bag and hear that I'm not saving more than 15-20 minutes over the REAL way.  so in a couple weeks off, come the training wheels.
Good Recipe, Good Ingredients, Good Procedure, Good Sanitation = Good Brew.

bretski

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:17:09 AM »
Thanks, guys...and thanks for the link SOGOAK!  The IPA is bubbling along merrily as I type this.   :)

Offline UselessBrewing

• Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
Veteran brewers are always welcome.

Cheers
Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!

modification