• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to forum...Hi!

B

bretski

Hello all,

Just joined the forum, after doing a little browsing as a guest.  I've been a homebrewer for about 15 years or so (off and on as life allows).  I've been a partial-mash guy for as long as I can remember, but recently started looking around on the 'net for AG ideas, as I'm tired of spending the extra $$ for the convenience.  I have a garage-full of old coolers, and will look to recycle one into a mash tun.

At the moment, I'm steeping a bag of grain for what (I hope  :) ) will be the last time.  Making one of my favorite IPA recipes, but trying some different hops, just for grins...

Hope I can add to the discussion.  Cheers!

bretski said:
Hello all,

Just joined the forum, after doing a little browsing as a guest.  I've been a homebrewer for about 15 years or so (off and on as life allows).  I've been a partial-mash guy for as long as I can remember, but recently started looking around on the 'net for AG ideas, as I'm tired of spending the extra $$ for the convenience.  I have a garage-full of old coolers, and will look to recycle one into a mash tun.

At the moment, I'm steeping a bag of grain for what (I hope  :) ) will be the last time.  Making one of my favorite IPA recipes, but trying some different hops, just for grins...

Hope I can add to the discussion.  Cheers!

Welcome to the dark side.  No doubt you will contribute to the discussions and ideas.

Welcome aboard Bretski.

http://hbd.org/cascade/dennybrew/

These cooler conversions are very functional and inexpensive.  I'm not engineer and made mine in under 10 minutes.  I'm a partial mashers with the steep bag and hear that I'm not saving more than 15-20 minutes over the REAL way.  so in a couple weeks off, come the training wheels.

Thanks, guys...and thanks for the link SOGOAK!  The IPA is bubbling along merrily as I type this.  :)

Back