• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I recently purchased for 1 Computer(Laptop). How to use on another (Desktop)

bmckee56

Apprentice
Reaction score
I made the decision to purchase and use BeerSmith and am happy with it so far.  I have a laptop which has the original installation on it, but I now have a desktop in my game room adjacent to my brewing area and want to use that computer also.  Can you provide information on entering the proper code to enable the software.

Thanks for the assistance.

Salute!  :)

Hi,
  For a second computer, just install and enter the same code in as for the first one.  As long as you are not using more than two there should be no problem.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  For a second computer, just install and enter the same code in as for the first one.  As long as you are not using more than two there should be no problem.

Brad

Yeah....  I understand that part.  I already installed it on my laptop, but I did not install it on my desktop.  I purchased the registration on line, through PayPal and unfortunately did not record the registration key number and had no printer available to print out the original receipt.  In essence, I do not have the numbers to enter into my second computer.  Can you look up the original purchase and do you have a copy of the receipt with the number on it that I can use to activate my second computer.

Can I copy the beersmith directory and programs onto a stick or into the desktop and will it operate properly?

Sorry for any inconvenience or trouble this may present.

Salute! 

If you open up BeerSmith on the registered computer. Go to the "help" menu, then go to "Enter Registration Number". The number you need should be there.

Cheers
Preston

UselessBrewing said:
If you open up BeerSmith on the registered computer. Go to the "help" menu, then go to "Enter Registration Number". The number you need should be there.

Cheers
Preston
Will give this a shot this evening when I get home.  Thanks for the info.

Salute! 

So it worked and I now have BeerSmith operational on my Desktop computer as well as my laptop.  Thanks for the info and assistance.

Salute!  :)

Back