• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS3 Style

nola_brew

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When will there be a NEIPA style added? Are you supposed to use the Specialty IPA style?

NEIPA and other provisional styles are already available as and 'add-on'.  You can click on 'add-ons'  and then select 'styles' from the drop down window.  2015 provisional styles will be in the box on the left if you have not added it yet, or if it is the box to the right it is already on your system.

I am away from my computer with BS3 on it so I don't know for sure but there might be the Brewers Association style list on their as well. They added juicy pale ale and IPA before the BJCP did.

Go into options or preferences and look for something called "display style guidelines" and there should be a list of the available guidelines that will display when designing a recipe. I believe BS3 allows you to check multiple boxes so you can display more than one guide.

Sorry to resurrect old thread.

The provisional style guideline is not available. Also, things like NEIPA are only available in the BJCP 2015 Portugueze version. When will it be added to the BJCP 2015 style guideline?

Cheers,

Mark

I have it as an add-on.  See screen shot below.

Attachments

• Provisional styles.jpg
    Provisional styles.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 268
Thanks for that. I did have that installed but they weren't showing. I removed it and re-added that. I also had to select it in options and noticed there wasn't a title. I have a feeling it was installed correctly originally but I failed to notice that the Provisional wasn't correctly displayed in Options. See screenshot.

Cheers,

Mark

Attachments

• Style Options.jpg
    Style Options.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 227
Interesting.  I do not have a separate category for the provisional styles.  They are listed under the BJCP 2015 styles in my copy of BS3.

Back