• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom report files?

handbrewing

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to create a custom report from one of the existing reports in beersmith3 however I can't find the original htm files in documents/BeerSmith3/reports. I'm using a mac. There is a bunch of txt and htm files in the folder but none seam to be the original html files. Where can I find the files to edit?

Cheers!

It sounds like you are close... Yea... Mine are in Documents/BeerSmith3/Reports  on a mac, you bet.....  I created a new .html file in there.  Then clicked on (in BeerSmith) Preferences / Reports / Add Report / Choose Template File .... selecting my new .html file and i was off to the races...

Cheers!

On a PC the original, built-in report files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith3\Reports. Your own custom reports are in Documents/BeerSmith3/Reports. Perhaps a bit confusing the first time around. If you want to take a built-in report and modify it you can start by copying it from C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith3\Reports  to Documents/BeerSmith3/Reports, then edit that one to make it what you want.

--GF

Back