• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New member - Hello

michael.harper

New Forum Member
Reaction score
My name is Michael.  I live in northern Virginia and I have been brewing off and on for a few years.  That is not all that impressive if you consider that I have only brewed about half a dozen times.

Originally, my wife bought me a Mr. Beer kit and I never used it.  I opened it, read the directions and got intimidated.  A couple of years later, I found out my neighbor brewed all grain and he invited me over to check it out.  He assured me that it seems complicated at first but it really wasn?t hard to do a basic ale.  I took him up on his offer and helped him brew a batch.  A few weeks later, we went to Jay?s Brewing (LHBS in Manassas) and we bought ingredients for my first batch, a 60 Minute IPA clone.  The next day, we brewed two batches, his and mine. It turned out pretty good and I have been investing in my own system ever since.  Currently, I am trying to refine my process and I find BeerSmith very helpful for this.

Next week, I am going to my first meeting with Warrenton Brewer?s Guild.  I am looking forward to learning new tips and tricks from my new friends.

Best wishes,

- Michael

Keep Mr. Beer fermenter. They work great for small batches.

Back