• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

unwanter items in Add Fermentables

carguy33

Apprentice
Reaction score
I went to modify a recipe and add grains, there are now a whole bunch of apple juices that I didn't add. I then opened the Add-Ons to check if they were in there and I could just uninstall, but no luck. Not sure what to do now.
Thanks for any help you can give me....

Don

They are default ingredients, so won't appear in the addons. You can menu into Ingredients/Fermentables and delete them individually, or type in the common key word for them and delete everything that is listed.

Except that they were not there last time I opened BS, and I don't remember them from before. I think I would have gotten rid of them by now because it's annoying...lol. I was thinking something got updated....

carguy33 said:
Except that they were not there last time I opened BS, and I don't remember them from before.

If you track your inventory in BeerSmith, you can check the "Show only items in inventory" box. This'll eliminate items you don't have (and presumably don't want to see) when you write a new recipe or modify an existing one.

The problem with just throwing out "unwanted" ingredient items is that if/when you do want to experiment and use new ingredients, you have to add them again. Often, that means doing some research to fill in all the specifications. Tedious and needlessly time consuming.

If you don't want or need to do an actual inventory (perhaps you're just buying an individual recipe from time to time) then just add 1 pound/kilo of the ingredients you want, and again, use the "Show only items in inventory" button.

Most of us are trying new ingredients all the time. That's part of the fun!

Back