• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 won't launch on new Ubuntu machine

albatrours

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I looked for this problem but couldn't find the right topic.

Context:
I had Beersmith 2 running fine on my Ubuntu 18.04 old computer.
I bought a new one, copied /home from the old computer to the new one to keep my settings and data.
I installed Beersmith 2 on the new machine.

Problem:
When trying to lauch BS2, the name of the software appears in the top bar with the little "processing wheel" next to it, but then it disappears and BS2 doesn't launch. No error message.

I suspect this has to do with the backup files I copied (permission problem?) but I am not sure at all.

Thank you for reading, I hope you can help.

Simon

edit : I should have done this before, but here's what comes back when I try to lauch it from the terminal :

Code:
beersmith2: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

edit 2 : I installed the missing modules, now i get :

Code:
18:46:30: SLib::Init - logging started
18:46:30: GetDocumentsDir() returning: /home/simon/.beersmith2/

(beersmith2:21967): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:30.851: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed

(beersmith2:21967): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:46:30.851: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
Segmentation error (core dumped)

Back