• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerXML Yeast Amount

crabbey

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm setting up a brewsheet in Excel that takes in an exported Beersmith recipe in XML. I've been having some good success, but for the life of me I can't work out how the <YEAST><AMOUNT> is derived from the recipe. I have tried a coupe of recipes that use different yeasts, different numbers of packets of dry yeast, played around with cells per pack but they both give me <AMOUNT>0.0502750</AMOUNT><AMOUNT_IS_WEIGHT>FALSE</AMOUNT_IS_WEIGHT>.

I can't see anywhere within Beersmith to influence this output. Ideally I'd like/expect to have the XML output the number of kilograms of yeast and amount is weight = True. However I can't see a way of a) influencing the output and b) entering a weight against a yeast in Beersmith.

What am I missing here? At the very least if I could derive the number of packets specified in the recipe from the XML somehow that's all I really need.

Thanks
Nathan

Back