• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Exporting XML

beerpilot

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to add additional fields for export? I couldn't find Preboil gravity or Postboil volume in the exported XML. I noticed other fileds that were not included either.

Thanks

When you export a recipe you're exporting all of the details. Once someone imports and opens it, they can click on Brew Steps and the resulting window includes the information not available on the design pane.

Bob,
  That is not totally correct, for two reasons. 1) The XML export doesn't contain as much information as the .bsmx export (Target Mash pH is one example), 2) some of the calculated values are not in the .bsmx export. There is enough information there that BeerSmith can import the file and re-create the calculated values, but not every value that appears in a BeerSmith window is explicitly included in the exported file. Example: Mash Efficiency is not listed explicitly in the XML or .bsmx file, but you can calculate it from other values that do appear in the exported files.
  I am not aware of any way to add fields to the XML export.

--GF

Thanks for the clarification. Guess I haven't delved that deeply into recipes I've imported. All of the data I needed to scale and/or adjust them to fit my system has been there. Just figured the 2 formats had the same information available.

Thanks guys. I export into BruControl for use in automation/logging. I can calc the missing data on the controller side, just making sure I wasn't missing something.

Back