• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

21 day trial expired in 4 days en Recipe missing

EmileF

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I downloaded and installed Beersmith 3 on 24 June 2020. Today, 28 June I open beersmith, it stated 17 days of trial left. But once I logged in in trial mode my additional recipe folder I created and recipe is totally missing. Under archives I could find the step by step guide, but to edit anything I would have to start from scratch.

So I close beersmith and re-open it again, now suddenly my 21 day trial, downloaded on 24 June, expired by the 28th of June... 4 days.

Can I trust this software? within 4 days I found 2 glitches. I don't want to purchase a license for software I was unable to properly test and loose my recipe's all the time.

Any advice?

A full 21 day trial would have been wonderful.

Thanks

Emile

Hi,
  The most likely cause of this is that your antivirus is preventing BeerSmith from saving data properly.  Please try white-listing BeerSmith in your
antivirus program and run it again.

Brad

I have the same issue.  Installed the trial version sometime during the week of June 28th.  Added a recipe and setup some equipment on July 3rd and 4th.  Opened it up today (July 6) and recipe and equipment I added were gone.  Slowly added everything back (opening and closing the program several times to make sure I didn't lose any changes).  Eventually, I was told my trail period ended and I could only open in Limited Mode, then I was told I could no longer open it at all.  Not running anything exotic in terms of Anti-Virus software (Windows Defender).  Tried adding BrewSmith3.exe as an exception in Windows Defender.  No luck (still being told my 21-day trial period has expired).  Seems to me that if Windows Defender is causing issues, then something needs to change with BeerSmith (or better instructions need to be provided).  Love what I saw from the software and the documentation around it, but obviously reluctant to pay for a license unless I can kick the tires a bit more.

Same problem here. I installed and registered Beersmith3 for the first time yeasterday and added couple recepies. Today first time I started the app it let me use the trial mode but the recepies were gone. After restarting the app, it says my 21 day trial has expired, although I've only used it for one day.

Drop me an email and I can extend your trial easily.  Send it to beersmith at beersmith.com

Brad

Back