• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

using HOTPOINT RLA80 as a kegerator

Keysworth

Apprentice
Reaction score
has anyone just happened to have converted a HOTPOINT RLA80 larder fridge to a kegerator? I ask because I want to put the tap in the side of the fridge, but not sure how safe it is to drill a hole through the wall. Someone mentioned that it may have gases in the lining that would escape...so if anyone has successfully converted this particular model...or has any advice..it would be much appreciated...thanks in advance

It is probably safer to put a faucet through the door than it is the sides. Or you could just not cut any holes at all and use picnic taps on your kegs. That way you can still use the refrigerator for its intended purpose later.

Kevin58 has the safest way to go about installing faucets -- through the door.  If you want to go through the sides, there may be lines and wiring running through them.  If I wanted to run them through the side, I would consult an appliance repair service as they would have access to repair diagrams of the electronics, coolant lines, and any other such lines running through the sides or back of the refrigerator.

Back