Author Topic: New All Grain Brewer In Merritt Island, Florida  (Read 5396 times)

saltwater43

New All Grain Brewer In Merritt Island, Florida
« on: February 08, 2009, 06:17:50 AM »
My buddy and I just completed our fourth all grain batch. We called it Coon Dog Porter and it's chugging along happily. We've made bunches of mistakes on each batch, but we're getting better.  Your site's great, and we appreciate beersmith for the software, especially for a new all grain brewer. We live by Charlie Papizian's credo, "Relax, Have a Homebrew", and our wives still are married to us. If we could only convince them that we need to drywall in part of our garages for a brewing room...

Chuck J. and his brewing bud Bob P.
Latest Concoction
Coon Dog Porter
See attached recipe- Critiques are welcomed
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 06:21:42 AM by saltwater43 »

Offline Rep

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: New All Grain Brewer In Merritt Island, Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:46:48 AM »
My buddy and I just completed our fourth all grain batch. We called it Coon Dog Porter and it's chugging along happily. We've made bunches of mistakes on each batch, but we're getting better.  Your site's great, and we appreciate beersmith for the software, especially for a new all grain brewer. We live by Charlie Papizian's credo, "Relax, Have a Homebrew", and our wives still are married to us. If we could only convince them that we need to drywall in part of our garages for a brewing room...

Chuck J. and his brewing bud Bob P.
Latest Concoction
Coon Dog Porter
See attached recipe- Critiques are welcomed

Welcome to the site.  And many of us have the same idea about that garage.  I mean, it does not produce anything in its current state, right?  Just sits there and stores a car or two.  There has got to be a more productive use of that resource.

Offline UselessBrewing

• Useless Brewing
    • Useless Brewing
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:06 PM »
Ya like Refrigerators, and Cold Fermentation devices...  ;D Sadly SWMBO does not buy it at my place either. O well!

Glad to have you guys here!

Cheers
Preston
The woodpecker pecks, Not to annoy, But to survive!

Offline Rep

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
Ya like Refrigerators, and Cold Fermentation devices...  ;D Sadly SWMBO does not buy it at my place either. O well!

Glad to have you guys here!

Cheers
Preston

Preston????

Your SWMBO been talkin to my SWMBO?  Looks like it.

saltwater43

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 05:38:01 AM »
Thanks for the replies, but I had to Wikipedia SWMBO. I can relate. We also have a club out here, SAAZ, in Brevard County, and we'll probably get involved there. Anyway, I'll be reading the forums and trying to give a Newbie grain brewer perspective, although my two cents worth probably isn't worth a penny.

Chuck J.
Merritt Island, Florida

modification