• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mac trial of v3.1 crashes after importing Escarpment Labs yeast add-on

Daso

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying Beersmith 3.1.07 on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.4) and it seems to work well, except when I install the Escarpment Labs yeast add-on. Once I do that, Beersmith crashes and will not start up again. It simply sits in a crash loop, meaning as soon as I start it up, it crashes right away regardless of whether i tell my mac to ignore or re-start.

The only way I have of fixing it, is removing the app and re-installing it. Is there a way to fix this? I'd really like to complete my tests of the software, but if there's add-on issues with my Mac, it's not very fun to deal with.

thanks!

As of today, it doesn't start up anymore. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that still fails.

Anyone know where the config/profile files are stored on a Mac? I'm thinking a full clean uninstall may help. Really annoying.

there's a plist in user/Library/Preferences and all the other files in user/Library/Application Support/Beersmith3

HTH good luck

Back