• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS 3.1 No Tab "x" to Close?

bobo1898

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
I'm running Mac OS.

Since upgrading to 3.1, there no longer is an "x" in my open tabs. I usually have multiple recipe or tools open and the only way to close them seems to be by hitting "okay" or "cancel" within the tab.

Is this a dark mode thing? Or was this shortcut done away with?

I saw that with the first 3.1 version that came out. I am now using 3.1.05 and the X is back. Check to see if you have the latest.

--GF

Yeah that's the thing, I am.

I upgraded to the first version of 3.1 and it was not there. So I thought maybe the "x" missing was a bug. I actually didn't know there were updates of 3.1 until today when my version notified me of 3.1.08 upon opening. I promptly downloaded and installed the latest. Still no "x."

The cursor in text fields don't show up either, but it's been made clear on these forums that it's because of dark mode.

I just switched to light mode to verify and I still don't have an "x" to close my tab. The cursor, however, as we know, does show up in light mode.

Kevin58 said:
Just use "Ok" or "Cancel".

Haha, good solution.

Clearly, I have been using those options. I'm just looking for what I'm accustomed to and it's convenience.

But since the tab "x" does exist in another version in between 3.1 and 3.1.08, per @GigaFemto, I think it's an issue to bring up, if it's a bug, no?

Beer Smith 3.2.7 and macbook with OS Ventura 13.0 - having same troubles with "x" in tabs. Any solutions in 2022?

There is no more x. There hasn't been since at least v3.1 perhaps as far back as 3.0. You either hit OK to save the open recipe and close it or click Cancel to close the open recipe without saving.

I will be bringing the 'X' back on the next version but it is still several months off.

Back