• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Mobile Version 3.1.8

Thanks,
  Please post a positive review on the Google Play or iTunes store if you think the new version is much improved.

One note: several people have asked where the "timer" was moved to.  It is on the pop-up menu for a recipe which you can reach by going to My Recipes view and clicking on the small icon to the right of any recipe name.

Brad

Speaking of the timer, I didn?t notice it the other day but on brewday(today) I noticed the additions are out of order. They used to be sequentially listed by time. All the hops are listed last instead of mixed in as the addition is required.

See attached:

Attachments

• B4E4A936-6607-443B-A7B5-ED4943ED2FC6.jpeg
    B4E4A936-6607-443B-A7B5-ED4943ED2FC6.jpeg
    667.2 KB · Views: 614
Same problem here - additions are out of sequence in the timer.  Looks like I'll have to things do the old fashioned way this morning.

Attachments

• BS3.1.8.PNG
    BS3.1.8.PNG
    232.9 KB · Views: 620
I just fixed the timer issue as well as major issues with Android 7.1 or lower as a 3.1.9 beta.  I'm going to push this out fairly quickly as the 3.1.9 update as all of the beta testers have found it to be running properly.

As a temporary fix for the timer if you open the recipe and save it once before running the timer it will display properly.  However the 3.1.9 update should be out pretty quickly with the fix as soon as I can get it approved in the various stores.

Brad

Today I released both the Android and ITunes 3.1.9 update which fixes the timer and Android 7 issues.

I am also working on a 3.1.10 update for Android which will fix some issues on very old versions of Android and hope to have it out in about a week.

Brad

One thing that has been weird for me... Why doesn't the main recipe screen take you right to the "view" instead of "edit"?

Maybe I'm alone on this... but having the main click take you to the View page and the 3 line button on the side should give the options for Edit, Copy, Move, and Brewday timer would be a bit more intuitive. Having an option to Edit or start the timer from the View page would be nice too.

The other new functionalities are great though. I always disliked the process of getting from brewday timer to the tools, and back- and the new process is much better.

Can I suggest another idea?  Can a field be developed that displays degrees Lintner (diastic power) of the total mash?  I currently do a back of the envelope calculation. It would be nice to have it on the information line in mobile inline with FG, ABV, and bittering ratio (attached).

Attachments

• 2AC43FAD-A59E-49E9-A2CE-227FFF3D0A76.jpeg
    2AC43FAD-A59E-49E9-A2CE-227FFF3D0A76.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 576
Back