• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cut/copy/paste keyboard shortcuts

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I think I might have brought this up before, but the cut/copy/paste keyboard functions don't seem to be working (i.e. Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V). If I right click and select these options from the context menu, they work fine, or from the Edit menu, but I love those key combos (I use 'em a bajillion times a day 8)). Is there any way that you can enact those bad boys?

Many many thanks in advance :)

Colin,
 They seem to work from the main views...

Which view/field are you trying to copy/paste?

Cheers!
Brad

Hmm, interesting... it does work as you say. Well, where I noticed the issue is when doing a preview of a recipe while in the Folder View/Main View. I often want to publish a recipe in a forum thread or email, and to do this, I just want to copy the ingredients and amounts and basic stats for the recipe. I'll select/highlight the text in the Preview pane (the lower window), press Ctrl-C, and try to paste into the web browser or email message... nothing. If I right click the text and select 'Copy', then it will work. I guess it's not a big thing, but I'm just accustomed to using the shortcut a lot (as I mentioned previously) and would like to have it function there as well.

Hopefully I'm making some sort of sense :)

Colin,
 That makes perfect sense...I will see what I can do to fix the shortcuts in the preview window.

Cheers!
Brad

Back