• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My beersmith wont calculate :(

cavanzo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

I've used beersmith 1.3 succsefully in my laptop, unfortunately i lost it. Then I installed Beersmith 1.4 in my desktop, and i havent been able to use it.

The main issue here is that beersmith changes all of the numbers, for example:
I make a set up for a 21 Lt batch and then it switches to 21000 lt batch,
I try to put a fixed efficiency of 75% and it switches to a 7500% efficiency
I set up a 4.5Kgs malt and it switches to 45 Kgs

These are just some few examples, basically what happens is that when i enter a number, some other number multiplies by 10 or 100.

I've tried to reinstall it but i still have the same problem

It makes me sad because I am a fan of beersmith and have very succesfull brewings with it.  :(

Hi,
  Looking at this I'm guessing somehow your numeric options got corrupted (taking a '.' as a ',' for example).  I would recommend deleting the Options.bsm file and all of the OptionsX.bak files from your C:\Program Files\BeerSmith directory and then restarting the program.

If that does not work, you might want to check your windows currency and number settings, as BeerSmith uses these by default.

Cheers,
Brad

Back