• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

All in one brewing system

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Thinking of investing in a all on one system. I already have a 3 tank cylinder system but see the convenience of an all in one.

What are the benefits and is there still the need for the full 3 tank systems?

It comes down to personal choice in brewing. 

I went from extract to BIAB to 3V system, back to BIAB and then to an all-in-one. 

For my personal brewing style, I like to set up the mash and allow it to proceed while I do other chores around the farm.  The 3V system required a bit more attention and clean up than the BIAB.  Moving to the AIO system, I traded propane heat for electric and made temperature control much better.  Clean up is a little more involved but it is a trade off in being able to set everything up the night before and waking up to hot water ready to dough in.  Time was just traded from the beginning of the brew day to the end of the brew day.  Since I do basically full volume mashes in my AIO, there is no need for additional vessels.  Some people still retain a smaller kettle for heating up sparge water. 

For those people who want to be more hands-on in the brewing process, the 3V systems are more appealing. 

I went through the same search not long ago. I have a 3 vessel electric HERMs system out in the garage but the garage is not insulated and not heated so brewing in the Michigan winters is not pleasant. And when the outside water hose freezes it is darn near impossible. So I've been searching for a small all-in-one to use in the basement.

After much searching I have landed on the Anvil 6.5gal system.

If I was starting all over again I?d probably go with the Blickmann Brew Easy system. I know it?s not considered one of the ?traditional? all-in-one systems but it does ship turn key so in my mind qualifies.

Back