• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipes only open in edit mode - Android 11

Thegarrettp

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just got a new Pixel 4a with android 11, latest Beersmith 3 app.  Whenever I open a recipe it is stuck in edit mode and I can't get to the brewday timer etc... happens for both cloud and local recipes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201206-230258.png
    Screenshot_20201206-230258.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Screenshot_20201206-230249.png
    Screenshot_20201206-230249.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 992
Tried my old Nexus 6p phone - same issues occurring on BeerSmith app basically rendering it useless.  Any other android users having this issue?

Here's a recording of what's happening:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sapfkmhXgDN5c3AaA

I checked to make sure Beersmith has permissions to write to storage, that didn't seem to be the issue or make any changes.

Thegarrettp said:
Just got a new Pixel 4a with android 11, latest Beersmith 3 app.  Whenever I open a recipe it is stuck in edit mode and I can't get to the brewday timer etc... happens for both cloud and local recipes.

A stab in the dark here... in the recipe list is there a menu icon next to each recipe? If so, click that and you will find the brew day timer option.

Yeah, in BeerSmith Mobile 3.1 there were some changes to the general flow of the application.  Most of them seem to be for the positive (like there were some odd issues between read-only and edit mode).  The changes to moving the Brew Day Timer out to the "context menu" out on the menu list was an odd one that makes the flow awkward.

Back