Author Topic: Digi Boil 35l Kettle Beersmith equipment profile needed.  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Wayne

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Digi Boil 35l Kettle Beersmith equipment profile needed.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 11:54:08 AM »
I concluded the boil off process.  I started with 3 gallons water and boiled it for 15 minutes.  At end of boil, I shut heat off and the volume in kettle was exactly 3 gallons.  I then cooled the water and the volume dropped to 2.75 gallons   So I lost .25 gallons due to the boil off in the span of 15 minutes.  So if I multiply .25 x 4 which would make it a 60 minute boil, I would have lost exactly 1 gallon.  My setting in the equipment profile is set to .79 gallons.  I will change that to 1 gallon of boil off in a hour.  That may help some with my volume and gravity. 

Offline Wayne

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Digi Boil 35l Kettle Beersmith equipment profile needed.
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
I think 1gallon of boil off may be a bit high because if I look at my last brew, my boil off was set to .7 gal per hour and I was short by .25 gallons.  My initial guess of .79 gallons per hour seems to be more accurate to hitting my final volume.  I'm not sure how accurate that boil off experiment I did with 3 gallons of water for 15 minutes was.  I'm not sure if boiling worth as opposed to boilng water, equals the same amount of boil off.

modification