• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Blackswaen coffee malt

domanah

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I normally brew my sweet stout with 80% marris otter, 10% pale chocolate malt, 5% chocolate malt and 5% lactose. Which give a nice espresso dark chocolate flavour.

It does not seem I will get any pale chocolate malt in our country for the foreseeable future. Based on the reading I've  done I substituted the pale chocolate malt with Blackswaen coffee malt.

Any opinions/advice on the chocolate malt / coffee malt ratio?

I normally brew my sweet stout with 80% marris otter, 10% pale chocolate malt, 5% chocolate malt and 5% lactose. Which give a nice espresso dark chocolate flavour.

It does not seem I will get any pale chocolate malt in our country for the foreseeable future. Based on the reading I've done I substituted the pale chocolate malt with Blackswaen maca coffee malt.

Any opinions/advice on the chocolate malt / coffee malt ratio?
Has anyone had an opportunity to utilize this grain as of yet. I am preparing to brew a stout and thinking about trying a couple oz in the grain bill. Thanks in advance!

Back