• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Unhandled exception in BeerSmith

dkadonh

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've been running BeerSmith 3 since it came out with no issues. (Been running BeerSmith since it came out for the Mac)  I updated to Big Sur now every timeI click on one of my recipe folders I get the following error
"Unhandled exception in BeerSmith...Attempting to continue"  Have an option to cancel or save. Doesn't seem to matter what I click it repeats itself next time I go to that folder.

I think its associated with the Big Sur upgrade I have also updated to a new computer but it look like all my files transferred ok, and I ran the program and it seemed to work.  Today went to use and get the  error every time.

I re-downloaded BeerSmith 3.1.08 and no difference.
Any ideas what I should try next?
Thanks
Don
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Ver 11.2.1 (20D74)

I get the same error. I reported this error in the forum below. I have asked if I can provide some log files for debugging.
I have heard nothing.
I keep getting the error and I have lost recipes because of it.
I would recommend to do a force save and a backup on a regular basis.

Beersmith 2 was solid on my Mac for years, but since I upgraded to Big Sur I had to upgrade to Beersmith 3.
I am really frustrated with the bugs with Beersmith 3 on Big Sur.
I am running 3.1.08.
Not a fan at this point.

I've seen this question several times in recent weeks with no clear answer. However, I am using a macbook air and after the big sur upgrade I have had no issues. I am not especially computer literate but have you changed any directories or program settings since installing Beersmith? I haven't. It's a stab in the dark.

To run on Big Sur you do need to download/install the 3.1 update from the main download page.  Earlier versions do not
have the updates to run on Big Sur, but 3.1 does.

Brad

I am a new beersmith user using on a Mac version 3.2.7 running on Big Sur

I am getting this unhandled exception error. I suspect related to missing recipes in my recipe folder. I had downloaded the Northern brewer addons and they were initially in the folder. now I only see the beer smith sample recipes after quitting and reentering beer smith. However the addon still shows installed.

Drop me an email if possible - does the program save data properly (i.e. open, create a recipe, and close)?

Back