• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating Recipe Defaults

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Another hidden feature...

Do you want BeerSmith to create new recipes with YOUR default settings rather than the ones the programmer set for you?

Would you like every new recipe to include your "default grain" or your favorite ingredient by default?

Well, BeerSmith has a nice feature for you...

Perform the following steps...

1. Create a new (empty) recipe
 2. Set ONLY the fields you want to use as defaults such as equipment, efficiency, fermentation and ageing times.
 3. Add ONLY the ingredients you always use -- perhaps your Stock Grain (have a 50 lb bag in the garage?)
 4. Check to make sure you have everything as you want it -- this will BECOME your new default recipe template that the program will use every time you run it.
 5. Select the "Save Recipe as Default" command on the "Actions" menu.

That's it -- now whenever you create a new recipe in BeerSmith, the template you just saved will be used as the default.

If you want to change your default settings at any time you can repeat the steps above to save a new template.

Cheers!
Brad   8)

Great tip!  I was wondering how I could change the boil time for every recipe.  Now I can change other defaults too.  Nicely done!

Back